Underground station Nemiga

Underground station Nemiga

Exits of “Nemiga” leads through the underground passage to Pobediteley Avenue, 8-marta Square and M. Bogdanovicha street.

The station is situated in the historical centre of the city and it was named after the Nemiga River. The first annalistic record of Minsk is connected with this river. Close to it there are ancient districts of the city, such as the Upper City, Troyitskoye Suburb, Rakovskoye Suburb.

There is City Hall which was reconstructed according to the drafts of XVIIIth century, the Holy-Spirit Cathedral, St. Maria’s Roman Catholic Church, the oldest survived building – St. Peter and St. Paul’s Church, which was built in 1613. Archeological excavations had been carried out at the place of the station before the underground was constructed.